Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Clark Ames

Monday morning Tyler and I checked into Johns Hopkins.  They stuck me on the pitocin and Tyler and I spent a couple hours watching West Wing on Netflix.  I admit, I was a little sick of watching so much tv...I'm glad we don't watch that much on a daily basis.  Then the usual happened...I only progressed from a 3 to a 4 after so many hours, so they broke my water.  This time I didn't get instantly sick like I did when they broke my water with Madison.  With time I began to get over heated and then more uncomfortable.  I asked Tyler to find a doctor to check me, but they were in a meeting. Not sure how much longer I had to wait I had Tyler go find the anesthesiologist.  She also seems to take her time.  By the time I had my epidural medicine administered I was already at a 10...makes me wonder if I could have just gone without it.  Next time I should just get an epidural soon if I'm going to pay for it, or skip it all together.  I don't know why I only wait until the very end. I had two doctors, a resident, a medical student, and two nurses in the room in case Clark was super huge as expected.   Clark was born at 5 weighing 8 lbs 13 ounces and was 21 inches long.  I'm glad he is out as his umbilical cord was around his neck. Madison was so excited to come to the hospital to see and hold him.




 



Welcome to the real world.